Rituals to Invite Balance and Well-being

By changing the way you do routine things
you allow a new person to grow inside of you.

~Paulo Coelho

This site is a compilation of rituals and stories from many different people around the world. Each post is a different person's response to an invitation to share their rituals for healthy living, activities or behaviors they do regularly for the purpose of bringing value to their well-being. Perhaps there is a ritual in these pages that will catch your attention and find its way into your own life. To help keep this site alive, comment on what you read, share your story if you try one of the rituals, and submit new rituals.

Welcome and Enjoy!

7.07.2008

Zen Meditation and Residing with Juicy Emotional States

As for me, one ritual (activity?) that I've been practicing pretty regularly for the past 1,5 years is at least 30 minutes of zen meditation (as taught at the Zen Center of San Diego) twice a day.

Even if I'm not mindful the whole rest of the day, this regular meditation helps me stay at least a wee bit more in touch with myself and be in touch with myself at least a wee bit more when irritation or anger comes on. Meditation has become a friend. How did I live without it all these years?! And I just love that the explicit invitation in the larger practice of zen is not to stuff the anger or other juicy emotional states but to just physically reside in them!

Anonymous

photo source

1 comment: