Rituals to Invite Balance and Well-being

By changing the way you do routine things
you allow a new person to grow inside of you.

~Paulo Coelho

This site is a compilation of rituals and stories from many different people around the world. Each post is a different person's response to an invitation to share their rituals for healthy living, activities or behaviors they do regularly for the purpose of bringing value to their well-being. Perhaps there is a ritual in these pages that will catch your attention and find its way into your own life. To help keep this site alive, comment on what you read, share your story if you try one of the rituals, and submit new rituals.

Welcome and Enjoy!

8.04.2008

Journaling and then Meditating

For about 10 years I have been journaling every day. It is about a page typewritten. Then I meditate/contemplate for about 20 minutes. This order seems to work better for me than the other way around--perhaps I get the junk out on the page and then can be clearer in the m/c.

For about 6 months I have been attending a Friends meeting, and that is a welcoming and welcome time each First Day, as Quakers say. Now it is interesting to call all this ritual, the Quakers being so plain and not liking the word! But then again, some people think open space has no structure....

I also like to read a lot--mainly spiritual type reading. Just finished John Shelby Spong's A New Christianity For a New World; before that it was Walter Brueggemann's The Prophetic Imagination. These both excited me and reverberated through my life. Of course, Lawrence Thornton's Imagining Argentina, and Peter Block's Community are spiritual books to me!

The big ritual I am working on now is to invite without ceasing.

You may also want to look at www.FootprintsintheWind.com and read the article "12@21" (right hand column) for a romantic kind of ritual.

Doug Germann

photo source

No comments: