Rituals to Invite Balance and Well-being

By changing the way you do routine things
you allow a new person to grow inside of you.

~Paulo Coelho

This site is a compilation of rituals and stories from many different people around the world. Each post is a different person's response to an invitation to share their rituals for healthy living, activities or behaviors they do regularly for the purpose of bringing value to their well-being. Perhaps there is a ritual in these pages that will catch your attention and find its way into your own life. To help keep this site alive, comment on what you read, share your story if you try one of the rituals, and submit new rituals.

Welcome and Enjoy!

8.24.2008

15 Minutes to "Get Present" With the Day and With Myself

My "ritual" is having a morning cup of tea when I wake up--no matter where I am--I take my own little tea water hot rod, my favorite tea bags, and a little cup....and even if I'm in a hotel, I take 15 minutes or so to just "get present" with the day and with myself.

When we're out in Tomales I sit in front of the bird feeder and drink my tea quietly and watch the social life of birds--with no thoughts, no agenda, just watching life unfold before my eyes and feeling a part of it all.

Juanita Brown
The World Cafe

Photo Source

No comments: